What is Cyber Essentials?
Cyber Essentials helps you safeguard your business. It is a list of 34 specific measures designed to protect you from the majority of common cyber threats.
With the incidence and impact of cyber crime rising dramatically, Cyber Essentials is a great way to start protecting your business.
- Developed by both government and industry it is an independent standard with no vested interests.
- It is perfect for small businesses that want to improve their cyber security without breaking the bank.
At the heart of Cyber Essentials is a self-assessment questionnaire. You complete this and submit it to a Certification Body with the appropriate fee.
Two Levels of Accreditation
Cyber Essentials – Level 1
You compete a self-assessment questionnaire with questions independently reviewed by by an external certifying body
Cyber Essentials Plus
The same requirements as level 1 but questionnaire answers are tested by the external certifying body, using a range of tools and techniques
How Does it Help My Business?
Where Do I Start?
At the core of Cyber Essentials is the questionnaire. It is both your application form for the accreditation
benchmark against which you can assess the current state of your cyber
We’d recommend following these steps:
- 1. Get a copy of the Cyber Essentials questionnaire.
- 2. Read the questionnaire and make
a firstattempt to answer the questions. Download our free guide to help you.
- 3. Check your system against each question to confirm the actual status of your
- 4. Draw up a roadmap of actions that need to be carried out to close the gaps identified.
For detailed advice on how to answer each question and implement the appropriate process or technical solution our Companion
Guide to the Cyber Essentials Questionnaire is an extremely cost-effective time-saver based on our experience implementing
Cyber Essentials for our customers.
- 5. Implement the changes necessary and
- 6. Submit your questionnaire to a Certification Body.
How Can Evolve Help?
As an Accredited Cyber Essentials Practitioner we help businesses implement the controls outlined in the Cyber Essentials